Welcome to the TSTOS!
In this page we’ve collected useful information to new players about the arrival to the event and the services of the nearby area.
Finland is a member of the Schengen area, so travelling to Finland from inside of the Schengen area is very easy.
From the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, you will find information on from which countries you will need a visa and travel documents approved by Finland, and much more: Formin Finland
Find out more about Finland here: http://www.visitfinland.fi/en/
The closest and most suitable airport is Helsinki-Vantaa Airport https://www.finavia.fi/en/helsinki-airport/
Importing an Airsoft gun to Finland does not require a separate permit, but may require a separate guncase depending on the airline. It is good to be in contact with your airline in advance and to reserve time at airports if the authorities want to check your game equipment. If you fly through other countries, make sure to check the laws of the countries about airsoft guns.
From the airport you can rent a car or travel by train to Hämeenlinna or Lahti, where you can rent a car and travel to the game site. Train tickets can only be booked up to 84 days before the trip, but the schedules are mostly the same year round.
Services in Padasjoki and near the game area
Weather in Finland in August
Finnish august can be very warm even up to + 20 °C during the day but also cold days when temperatures are only about 15°C are possible. Cold nights temperatures can drop from + 5 to + 10 °C. So book a warm sleeping bag and clothes for cold nights. Autumn average temperatures.
The sun starts to set after 21:30 and the darkness takes about an hour. The sun rises after 05.00. Therefore, you need to take at least a headlamp with you.
In august, heavy rains / thunderstorms may also occur in Finland during hot summers, which may take a few minutes to hours or then only occur in smaller rains. So take with you your rain equipment, just a rain cover may not be enough in wet woods.
Gear advice for first timers
- If you need rental guns or other equipment, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org, and we will direct you to our partners.
- If you wish, you can preorder gear to the game area. Most of our partners offer it as an alternative option to mailing. Contact our partners directly by email if you want to pick up your gear at the game area.
- For new and maybe even for more experienced, we have created our own example of gearlist, which is aimed to help you to think about the tools and supplies needed.
- Finland uses type F plug and the network operates on a 230V supply voltage and 50Hz.
- Keep in mind that in the event you must use bio bb’s and the velocities are measured in joules.
Please keep in mind that some countries use 0,2g bb’s in the measurement, so your gun can easily be overpowered.
- For Status.ehasa.org and for internet browsing generally, you should have a prepaid subscription. These are available in almost all kiosks in Finland (Eg. R-kioski) and larger grocery stores.
In the gaming area, internet connections are not necessarily the best and the reception varies depending on the network service provider and locations.
- Compressed air is available at the game area through our partners.
- For visitors from European Healt Insurance Card(EHIC) countries, we recommend that you apply EHIC card before coming to Finland and keep that card with you. Visitors from other than EHIC-countries we recommend getting a holiday insurance.
- We check payments manually once in a week or two, so don’t worry if it takes time to update your payment status. 99% of cases your payment has arrived, but we have not yet just marked it.
- If you have any other questions about the game, please contact us via email: email@example.com
We have collected lots of useful information on the players-site for the players who arrive at the event. You will find there important information about e.g. parking, our food services and ingame vehicle check-in process.